top of page

Market Strategy

We are well known for our work as researchers, strategic advisors and facilitators. Whether it’s developing an entry strategy into a new market, finding the right partner or firm for a merger/acquisition, enhancing your competitive position in an existing one, or even recapturing a lost position, we will supply the process, tools and advice you need to help you achieve your goals.

Image by UX Indonesia

Market and Geographic Research

We provide specialized experience in transportation, water resources, energy, the federal market, K-12, higher education, healthcare and biopharma. In these areas, we know the best sources for information, the right questions to address and where to focus our attention to efficiently deliver the most relevant information.  The result of our research will provide real numbers and qualitative feedback from potential clients that will provide a reliable and realistic assessment of your risk to reward scenarios.

Image by Andrew Neel

Client Perception Research

Knowing the latest issues and trends within your target markets provide at best only 49% of the total picture. The other 51%, arguably the most important pieces of the intelligence picture, will come from your clients and prospects operating within those markets. You can recite statistics, facts and figures all you want, but if you haven’t verified your clients’ attitudes, pressures, outlook, needs, expectations and precisely how they will approach the market, none of the other information will matter. An in-depth understanding of what your clients are thinking, the services they value most and the way they want them delivered–this is the ultimate objective in intelligence gathering.  Perception is reality. Knowing what your clients and prospects think about you is essential for developing strategies that will continue to grow and sustain your firm. Over the past three decades, Tuminello Consulting has conducted numerous perception studies with hundreds of in-depth client interviews to gain their most significant opinions. We usually recommend conducting these studies as part of our overall market strategy development process highlighted above. The integration of direct client feedback coupled with an in-depth market analysis is the key to optimum strategy development.

Image by John Schnobrich

Strategic Advisor

Providing solid data is important, but our greatest value lies in our ability to serve as a strategic advisor. Our broad exposure to the markets, including our work with numerous professional services firms throughout the U.S., will provide the insight, wisdom and specialized experience you need to apply that data in ways that will optimize your competitive advantage.

Image by Jo Szczepanska

Strategic Planning Facilitation

You will get more done in less time with the right facilitator. We have successfully planned and facilitated numerous retreats for corporations and communities of all sizes and disciplines. You will enjoy our approach to facilitation because we have a balanced, proven process that works; one that helps groups stay focused on the right issues but at the same time is not so inflexible as to stymie the benefits of team building, synergy and relationships. Our process is adaptable to varying time constraints. Typically, a strategic planning session takes place over a one or two-day retreat. However, we have successfully completed planning sessions in as little as four hours.

Business Development Assessment

The most prudent way to begin the business development improvement process is to evaluate your current situation. Quite simply, our business development audit will compare what you’re doing to what you should be doing. We’ll conduct both internal and external surveys among key staff and clients to pinpoint needs and gaps. Based on this verified baseline, we’ll develop tailored recommendations and strategies that will achieve your goals. The product will be a performance-based action plan with key milestones and a budget.

Proposal and Interview Coaching (1).jpg

Proposal and Interview Coaching

Some proposals and interviews are just too important and you need to pull out all the stops. We bring an objective perspective and nearly three decades of success in proposal and interview preparation and coaching. Randy has served as a ‘red team leader’ on hundreds of proposals and interviews ranging from $25M to over $2B in construction costs. Our process and insight about what clients want most, gained from thousands of client interviews, will provide that extra margin that’s often the difference between winning and losing. 

bottom of page